Iso Logicpic Type Foamcore

Decorating By Melvira Updated 23 May 2011 , 3:16am by Melvira

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, I honestly searched the forums for this answer, but every single thread that had logicpic's name in it gave me a 404 error when I tried to read it.

I am getting the feeling that logicpic is down, whether that is permanent, I have no clue. Does anyone know how to contact them, or has anyone found a decent replacement? I have a wedding the 1st weekend of June that I need some really good boards for. (Not Hobby Lobby foamcore, I want the treated stuff preferrably!) Any suggestions would be wonderful. TIA!!

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 19 May 2011 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 3

As I understand it, Logicpic is no longer operating.

They used Ultraboard. Mucho expensive & I'm not sure how to cut it w/o special equipment.

http://www.artsupply.com/48-x-96-x316-White-Ultra-Board-1-sht_p_61122.html

I use the "hobby lobby" 1/2 inch stuff and coat it with melted edible soy wax. Works great.

HTH
Rae

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:16am
post #3 of 3

Crud, I forgot to hit 'watch topic'! Sorry. Thank you for your feedback on that Rae. I am really sad that they're not producing boards any more. I really liked their product and thought the prices seemed fair. I will be on the hunt for a comparable product I guess. I know I'm not alone in my disappointment.

And of course I wasn't using the term "Hobby Lobby foam" in a disparaging way. I just meant that as an example because I knew a lot of people would suggest that, and I have some, but the logicpic ones were just *that* much better with their coating and durability, not to mention no cutting! Just wanted to make sure people didn't think I had something against HL. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%