How To Put Lime Green On This Wedding Cake?

Decorating By leily Updated 8 Jun 2011 , 12:42pm by leily

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 10

So i am drawing a complete blank on this one. I had a couple send me this photo they want for their wedding cake.
For flowers the calla lillies will be the only ones on top, they will be in white. The ribbon will be black.

So how do i get lime green on this? Any ideas would be appreciated.!!!

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2006217

9 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 10

Can you alternate between green and black ribbon on the tiers?

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 10

What if you did a double layered ribbon. I don't know if you are doing a satin or fondant ribbon, but what if you did a larger lime green ribbon with a black stripe on top of that, or vice versa?

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 10

I take it you want the bc to be lime green....I find Wilton's "leaf green" to be pretty lime to me when I only use a little bit. Cake Craft has a lime green colouring as does CK...theirs is powdered form.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 10

Use the double layer of ribbon on each tier. (lime green and black)
Lightly dust the stamens of the lilies as well as the edges with lime green petal dust. The colour will now tie in together.

Reimagining_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reimagining_Confections Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 10

To add Lime green to the cake- I would lightly dust the inside and base of the cala lillies with lime green petal dust. Then I would have the board on the bottom of the cake covered in a lime green paper(if you did a glass bottom- you could line the glass underneath with lime green paper).

You could also alternate tiers with top and third tier with a green ribbon (same fabric, same width) and the 2nd and fourth tier with a black ribbon. Could even find ribbon with the 2 colors mixed in9black with lime green polka dots or stripes, or vice versa.

the green on the flower is more realistic anyway. Flowers(even white ones are not pure white- they generally have a bit of green on them).

Please post picks when you are done- it sounds pretty!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:59pm
post #7 of 10

Or you could pipe lime green scrolls or leaves onto the black fondant ribbons. Swiss dots in lime green, maybe, just scantily placed? I think it would look gorgeous, particularly if you dusted the calla stems as suggested with lime dust.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 19 May 2011 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 10

If you had an extruder you could extrude a green rope and place it at the edge of the ribbon. I wasn't sure if you are doing a black fondant ribbon, would work better with fondant.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 19 May 2011 , 9:21pm
post #9 of 10

Add another vote for the double layer ribbon... this way the lime green will be subtle and not overpowering. Just enough to tie it in without having it be in your face. That will look lovely.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Jun 2011 , 12:42pm
post #10 of 10

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of the suggestions. I took them all to the bride and she chose the scroll work (so now i need to practice a little more!) I liked the idea of the double ribbon, but her and her fiance had talked about putting scrollwork on the cake, but liked the cleanliness of the design so they opted to keep it off, Here's hoping for a happy couple!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%