Using Wilton Fillable Pillars

Decorating By KJF1985 Updated 19 May 2011 , 6:05pm by KJF1985

KJF1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJF1985 Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 3

I guess this question isn't specific to the fillable pillars but pillars in general. These things don't come with instructions other than how to fill them. I realize that on the bottom cake I need to use a plate separator? Now, the cake will be covered in butter cream and won't have a ton of decorations in the area where the plate will be. Can I ice right over it? Or should I cover it in fondant (some other aspects will be fondant so it shouldn't stick out)? How do y'all hide the plate? I don't want any of it showing..... Thanks!

2 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 3

I think it will be fine uncovered. I would make a small border around it or it could stay just as it is. Sometimes there aren't enough decorations to go around but, if you can put just a couple if you think it would make a little more elegant. Either way it will look beautiful.
evelyn

KJF1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJF1985 Posted 19 May 2011 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegrandma

I think it will be fine uncovered. I would make a small border around it or it could stay just as it is. Sometimes there aren't enough decorations to go around but, if you can put just a couple if you think it would make a little more elegant. Either way it will look beautiful.
evelyn

Thanks for the response. I definitely don't want to leave it uncovered though as it would look way too awkward with the cake design. (round tier on pillars above a sheet cake)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%