Confirmation Cake For Tomorrow And Still Stuck...

Decorating By tullicious Updated 19 May 2011 , 4:16pm by Justforfun751

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 4

i have a teenage girl's confirmation cake to do for delivery tomorrow that will be for saturday. it will have cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries in the middle. i have been going crazy trying to decide how to do this cake, probably making it harder than it is. i had planned on using mmf and gumpaste to do a cross with a bunch of flowers, but now i'm pretty sure that won't be a good idea with a cake to go in the fridge. i have no experience making icing flowers, but could probably figure it out. please help if you have any ideas for what i could do for this cake. i would so appreciate it!!

3 replies
AmysCakesNCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmysCakesNCandies Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 4

I've done fondant ribbon roses on a cake in the fridge, they held up fine. or you could do flat flower cutouts around a cross cout out made from fondant. I've never refrigerated gumpaste so I don't know for sure if gumpaste will hold up, but I've never had a problem with fondant holding up. I am doing a confirmation cake this weekend with different color circles in different sizes cut from fondant, so maybe something oher than flowers?

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 4

so did you use regular fondant, or mmf? thanks for your suggestions! icon_smile.gif

Justforfun751 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justforfun751 Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 4

I might have just been lucky, but I refrigerated a buttercream cake (cookies and cream filling) with a fondant/gumpaste Daffy Duck topper last weekend and it did ok. I had it loosely covered when I took it from the refrigerator to the birthday party location (took it in a huge rubbermaid box to a pool party). No condensation formed on it in the two hours it was out.
Cutting flowers out of gumpaste or fondant (or a mix) with a plunger cutter (Wilton calls theirs an ejector) are pretty easy if you want a 3D effect and are a beginner. You can also frill the edges of a flat gumpaste or fondant flower with a toothpick (just lightly roll the toothpick over the edge of the flower).
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%