Now I Really Don't Know What To Do....

Decorating By tullicious Updated 19 May 2011 , 2:13pm by CAKESABC

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 5

I have been making cakes for awhile now, but I don't do many that need to be refrigerated. I have a cake I'm delivering tomorrow that's for a party on Saturday. It's a cream cheese frosting cake that has a strawberries and cream filling that needs to go in the fridge. I need to put a cross and a bunch of flowers on the top. I was going to do them in gumpaste or mmf, but I'm afraid what will happen to the decorations by Saturday. Please help.... Thanks!!!

4 replies
JourneyTowardConfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JourneyTowardConfection Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 5

I put a MMF covered cake in the fridge for the first time a couple weeks ago because it had a cream cheese filling. The advice I found on CC said to wrap it in a plastic bag before placing it in the fridge and then remove it from the fridge a couple hours before you need it but KEEP IT IN THE BAG. That will help keep condensation from forming and ruining your finish. I did exactly that, and my cake came out perfectly! No stickiness at all!

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 5

Im not really sure but i think i read somewhere here that the acid in the cream cheese melts fondant so be careful and ask about this issue. i know they also have a recipe for faux cream cheese in the recipe section.

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:58pm
post #4 of 5

so let me ask this.... if i do a cake with cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberries in the middle, it does for sure need to be refrigerated, right? i appreciate any and all advice. i really get frustrated when i'm not sure what i'm doing. icon_confused.gif

CAKESABC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESABC Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:13pm
post #5 of 5

yes, it definately will need to be refrigerated.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%