Wilton Sugar Sheets And Cricut

Decorating By vharbin Updated 29 Jun 2011 , 7:27am by ppaxton

vharbin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vharbin Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:42am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried using the new Wilton Sugar Sheets in their Cricut? If so, would you mind sharing how they worked. Thanks!

6 replies
CakeMom5001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom5001 Posted 19 May 2011 , 11:02am
post #2 of 7

I would love to know that too! My hubby got me one last year for Mother's Day and I haven't been able to get any use out of it. The fondant/gumpaste doesn't seem to ever work well for me - I have tried a few of the suggestions on CC, but got fustrated and shoved it in a cabinet. $4 sugar sheets would be great if they work.

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 19 May 2011 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 7

I just bought some today and plan to try them this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

cabreeze1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabreeze1 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 3:42am
post #4 of 7

I just tried them tonight and it worked!!!! I left the sugar sheets attached to the plastic backing and put crisco on my cutting mat. I then placed the sugar sheet (plastic on the bottom) on the mat and then loaded it into my cricut. I was making letters and it did great with 2" and up. I had a small problem with the 1" size, but had already used the only sheet I bought. (Didn't want to buy more until I knew it would work). Also, CakeMom5001, I usually have no problem when I use Satin Ice Fondant on my cricut cake machine. Sometimes I do mix it half and half with gumpaste, but have done it both ways.

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 3:59am
post #5 of 7

I've tried them & to me they work better than the cricut sheet & taste better

cabreeze1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabreeze1 Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 4:09am
post #6 of 7

Waaaaay better than the cricut sheet! Those things were worthless.

ppaxton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ppaxton Posted 29 Jun 2011 , 7:27am
post #7 of 7

My First time I ever used a Cricut I had bought both the Icing Sheets from Wilton and the sheets from Cricut. The cricut sheets were hard and broke as my design was cut. The Wilton sheets worked perfectly. I did 2" letters as well as Happy Birthday design. Even the intricate swirls on the Happy Birthday came out. I wouldn't go much smaller than 2" if you have any deisgns that have thin swirls, etc. But the machine did a great job with the letters as well as with the shadow image of the letters.

I have also used rolled fondant to cut the surf boards from the Luau cartridge, and the design inside was cut so that I could use the cut out from one color in the inside of the other and vice versa to create an embedded design.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%