Venting- Even Though I Don't Deserve To...

Lounge By juleskaye518 Updated 28 May 2011 , 11:08pm by costumeczar

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 19 May 2011 , 6:15am
post #1 of 8

Tonight is our tenth anniversay and I didn't think M had gotten me anything, which would have been fine as we are in the midst of a trans pacific move. But he went to the store, came back and said I have good news and bad news. The good news is tomorrow (when the babysitter is available) we are going to have a great dinner, bad news is I ordered the diamond ring guard you wanted, but when I went to pick it up, it was $1500, not $500 like I thought. So I didn't get it.
I said that's ok, (I don't need a $1500 ring) did you get me a card? He said, "no, you're sitting right here!"
Are you F-ing kidding me????? I am a little hurt.
Thank you, that's all I have to say.
PS yes, I did get him an anniversary present, a PS3.

7 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 19 May 2011 , 11:13am
post #2 of 8

Aw..cheer up.My hubby is the same way..He always says..You know I love you...Yeah..I know but a card would be nice....

some men are strange about gift giving...They figure it doesn't matter as long as they say I love you....others are over the top...

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 8

I'm sorry you were disappointed on such a special day. Some guys are so pathetic when it comes to gift-giving!!! I've been married 30 yrs and I've come to understand that DH just doesn't have the gift-giving gene. icon_lol.gif I try to remember that he's a great husband in every other way. However, early in our marriage I made it clear that it was NOT okay to do nothing....how hard is it to get flowers, a card, or a bottle of my favorite wine??? Tell your hubby you'll give him another chance to get you something tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

BTW, congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:45pm
post #4 of 8

Happy Anniversary!

I told my husband and kids if they wanted to buy me cards to spend the 5 bucks on Starbucks gift cards and not waste it on Hallmark. Two months before Mothers Day I said "I need a flat panel tv for my workspace." That's exactly what I got. icon_biggrin.gif

I am blessed... Husband is a Graduate Gemologist icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 May 2011 , 3:02am
post #5 of 8

He got a sitter and is taking just the two of you to a nice dinner. And you're upset about no card? Really? icon_confused.gif

Celebrate the time you've had together and the times yet to come. In the grand scheme of things, a card means nothing, but time together means everything.

i dont' think my husband and I have ever exchanged gifts on our anniversary in over 20 years. Most of the time, not even cards are exchanged. that doesn't diminish the celebration because we understand those are just 'things'. We are each other's favorite playmate and love our playtime together! icon_biggrin.gif

You'll have a great time! thumbs_up.gif

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 20 May 2011 , 8:23am
post #6 of 8

Thank you ladies. Dinner was fabulous and the first thing he asked when we sat down was, " what is the funniest thing that has happened in our ten years?" For the rest of the evening, we just talked about our past and the funny stuff.
PS, his funniest memory was when we had to hang up on my mom because she wouldn't get off the phone while we were trying to hide from a tornado!!
Anyway,
Thanks!!

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 27 May 2011 , 12:59am
post #7 of 8

We, DH and I, don't always buy each other gifts or cards on "the" day, as we buy gifts for each other throughout the year. We do usually go out for dinner on the day, or shortly after if he's not out of town working.

My DH will surprise me with the most wonderful gifts out of the blue. Not long after the recent royal wedding, my DH comes walking into the kitchen after his work and hands me a royal blue velvet bag. As he hands me the bag, he says, "here, this is to replace your engagement ring". Inside the bag was a diamond and sapphire ring much like the royal engagement ring (but smaller) and matching earrings.
My engagement ring as well as the rest of my jewelery was stolen 20 years ago. It was also a diamond and sapphire ring. icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 May 2011 , 11:08pm
post #8 of 8

If my husband gets me cards I get mad because it's a total waste of money. Also flowers, They irritate me becasue they represent wasted $$$ and I have to make space on the counter for them!

For some reason my family says that I'm hard to buy gifts for icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%