Will This Be Ok??

Decorating By jennifer22780 Updated 19 May 2011 , 1:39am by Lovin_Cakes30

jennifer22780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer22780 Posted 19 May 2011 , 12:25am
post #1 of 4

i covered a cinnamon swirl cake with apple filling in fondant last night, decorated today and gave to a friend for her fiance's birthday (which is tomorrow). Well, now his work schedule got changed, and they won't be able to have the family over for cake until SUNDAY.
she is asking if it will be ok to wait until sunday or if she needs to cut it sooner.

my gut is 'cut it sooner', as it will be fresher. but she really wants to use it for the family party. I'm not sure... what does everyone think?

i hear such mixed reviews on this subject.. please help!

3 replies
ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:07am
post #2 of 4

Sorry got no idea, wish I can be of more help, but Im sure someone will help you out.

m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:23am
post #3 of 4

I would say freeze it, but it's fondant covered. Maybe have her stick it in the fridge? Just let her know that it may have some condensation issues when it comes out and gets back to room temp. But if she's good with that, then wrapping it up and refrigerating it should help keep it tasting halfway decent until then.

Bumping for any other ladies who know more?

Lovin_Cakes30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:39am
post #4 of 4

I have heard if you wrap it well the condensation will get on the wrap and not the cake as it comes back to room temp! IDK for sure though?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%