Help, Modeling Chocolate Figure Too Soft!

Decorating By KellyJo3 Updated 18 May 2011 , 11:36pm by KellyJo3

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, so I know I will probably have to redo my figure, but I was hoping someone might say-No! It will be fine in the morning! lol. I am just practicing, as I want to be able to work with modeling chocolate more.
Anyways I used the recipe that required 1/3 c. of corn syrup and 10 0z. of chocolate. and yes I used white chocolate chips. (I found out too late that it was not the best thing to use.) Well I did as the directions said and put it in the fridge to set up, but as I was making my figure, it got way too soft. I kept going in hopes that it would harden after I was done making it.
It's sitting on my counter now and it's almost like it is oozing out the corn syrup. I keep blotting it with a paper towel and it just oozes more. It's also not hardening up at all. Did I use too much corn syrup? Will it harden eventually? Or do I just need to make a new one? Thanks for any advice! : )

2 replies
TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 18 May 2011 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 3

The first time I made it I messed it up, the second time I followed this....
http://sugarsweetcakesandtreats.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-modeling-chocolate.html
It came out ALOT better, I still had to pop it in the fridge every once in awhile because it was getting soft from my hands. Hope this helps!

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 3

thank you very much, I am going to try this tonight! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%