3-D Stand Up Cuddly Bear Pan

Baking By benice Updated 18 May 2011 , 8:19pm by cownsj

benice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
benice Posted 18 May 2011 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 2

I'm having problems with this pan. I've already tried twice. The first time I used DH Yellow cake mix. It molded really nice but as the cake was cooling it fell apart. My second time I used a scratch pound cake it did'nt bake the middle did'nt cook and fell in. What to do, What to do! Please help I need this cake done for Friday morning, for a Army wife who's husband is coming home from a very long depolyment.

1 reply
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 18 May 2011 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 2

Did you use the baking core that came with the pan? If you haven't, then you may want to try using it. This was my very first pan I ever owned and I think it's still my favorite. I don't use the core, though I have. I just make sure I bake the cake long enough to cook through and use a cake tester or skewer so I can get deep into the middle to be sure it's baked all the way through.

Another thing, once you took the clips off the pan, did you let it cool in one half of the pan, then turn it into the other half to finish cooling completely? That is vitally important. If you don't let it cool that way and really setup then it will fall apart.

Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%