Sps Question

Decorating By Lovin_Cakes30 Updated 19 May 2011 , 3:16am by cake_architect

Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone who has used SPS... do you like it? Does not having a central dowel make you nervous? Anyone ever drilled holes in the plates to put a center dowel in? Do you usually add the cost of the system into the cake or ask for it back? IDK that last question seems a bit crazy...

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.... Was gonna put it in general then figured it was a "pre decorating" question icon_redface.gif

5 replies
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:46am
post #2 of 6

Anyone? Been looking for some info from people who have used it for awhile. When I Google it I just get info on what it does not if people like it or not really. I have seen it being used on YouTube and some shows, just want some other testimonials icon_smile.gif

sillywabbitz Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:57am
post #3 of 6

I love SPS and I don't worry about the center dowel. There is tons of reviews on SPS on Leah_s SPS sticky in the Cake decorating forum. Most people do add it into the cost of the cake. If you order in bulk from Oasis it's really not that expensive.

Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:08am
post #4 of 6

Thank you! Idk why my Google search was not turning up anything? I must have been typing something wrong... I bet it was before I knew to call it sps.... now I kinda remember looking up "locking cake support system" lol....I am excited to go check out the reviews and use it too!

Sassy74 Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:12am
post #5 of 6

I switched over to SPS last year after a terrible stacked cake disaster. I use SPS on anything over 2 tiers. I'll never go back, haha!

I don't worry about a center dowel. The little nub that the cake board rests on is plenty. Also, some people use double-sided tape on the plates (under the cake board), which I'll do next time I use SPS. It's just extra insurance. No center dowel needed.

I do ask for the system back. It can be re-used a couple of times. It's totally worth the small extra cost.

cake_architect Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:16am
post #6 of 6

i just drove a three tier cake 2.5hrs completely stacked using the sps system and it arrived perfectly in tact! i've been using the system a couple of months with no problems, but this was the ultimate test and it lived up perfectly! great system icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%