Macsmom's Lime Curd

Decorating By JustGettinStarted Updated 19 May 2011 , 1:42am by JustGettinStarted

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 18 May 2011 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if lime curd (specifically MacsMom's recipe) has to be refrigerated or not? I usually only fill with buttercream or ganache, so this yummy filling is foreign to me. Thanks so much!

5 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 6

I wish I knew that answer to that also. I wanted to use it in a cake in a few weeks but found another recipe that does not need to be refrigerated. I guess I will be using that one.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 18 May 2011 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot

I wish I knew that answer to that also. I wanted to use it in a cake in a few weeks but found another recipe that does not need to be refrigerated. I guess I will be using that one.

Could you post the recipe that doesn't require refrigeration, please? I only use non-fridge fillings and I'd love a curd-like filling to add to my repertoire.

Thanks,
Rae

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 18 May 2011 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 6

Just send her a personal message and she can let you know. icon_smile.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:10am
post #5 of 6

I sent her a PM and an email and she never answered.

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 19 May 2011 , 1:42am
post #6 of 6

She just emailed me and said it does need refrigeration. I thought it did, but was hoping not as it is SO good! I'm making a graduation cake for my little brother and doing coconut cake and the lime curd is the best filling, but the cake would have to travel 100+ miles and we are leaving Friday and the party is Saturday. icon_sad.gif

Peridot, do you mind sharing the non-refrigerated one? Have you tried it yet to see how it tastes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%