Any Techy Cakers Out There?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 23 May 2011 , 3:50am by laurenboxall

CiNoRi Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 11

So im trying to get organized... do you know of any good apps out there that allow you to save your recipes (maybe on your MAC/ PC computer or online) then allow you you to sync/ download to your android phone?

Thanks!!!

10 replies
Marianna46 Posted 19 May 2011 , 9:26am
post #2 of 11

Oh, nuts! I thought you were asking if there were any tetchy cakers out there - you know, like ill-humored and grouchy when they're trying to get things done on a deadline - and I was going to say Me! Me! Me! Sorry, CiNoRi! My tech skills unfortunately don't extend to anything that has to do with phones. I save everything in Word documents that don't synchronize with or download to anything - sometimes not even to my printer!

medusas_touch Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:02am
post #3 of 11

I can actually answer this one. I use Opera (on my P.C.) and Opera Mini on my Xperia. If I find recipes on the net through Opera Mini I can save them and the will back up on the P.C. version of Opera. I haven't found an app yet that will do the opposite because the P.C. browser supports different formats that aren't supported on the mobile version (HTML5, Flash etc) but they are backward compatible in that the mobile sites will work on the P.C. browser. I know that's not exactly what you wanted to hear but there are TONS of cooking/recipe apps. I have an Epicurios app and found one just the other day for Cake Wrecks on the Android Market icon_biggrin.gif

CiNoRi Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 11

I think I found something! I just ran across an app online that works on pretty much any smartphone/ iphone and also does computer/ online access! So far its working really well!

Check out grocerygadgets.com

sillywabbitz Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 11

I haven't come across any apps....I will check out grocerygadget but the CakeBoss software is a techy caker's dream. I don't have it yet but I really really want it...you input things like your grocery list...what you pay for your ingredients and you enter your recipes and it does all of your cost analysis not on just the recipe but also what goes into your cakes...It's amazing. You can check it out at www.cakeboss.com
Watch the videos, they're really cool. It would be awesome if they had an app to go with it that could add your orders and stuff to your smartphone calendar and a customer contact list etc. That might be something we should mention to them.

CiNoRi Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

I haven't come across any apps....I will check out grocerygadget but the software is a techy caker's dream. I don't have it yet but I really really want it...you input things like your grocery list...what you pay for your ingredients and you enter your recipes and it does all of your cost analysis not on just the recipe but also what goes into your cakes...It's amazing. You can check it out at www..com
Watch the videos, they're really cool. It would be awesome if they had an app to go with it that could add your orders and stuff to your smartphone calendar and a customer contact list etc. That might be something we should mention to them.

I can definitely agree about the Cakeboss software. It is on my list for the next big purchase. I figured this phone app idea would be a nice thing to hold me over fora bit longer. It will make it easier for the shopping lists and such. But for price breakdown Cakeboss really is the way to go!

stormrider Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 11

Evernote works really well for this!! I use it all the time for recipes, ideas, best business practices, and everything else. You organize everything into "notes" which are created in "notebooks". You can arrange them any way you like, share them with others, etc. You can even decide with notebooks you want to sync to other devices and which you want to keep only on your laptop/pc/mac. They have a couple of intro videos on how to use it: www.evernote.com

stormrider Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:45pm
post #8 of 11

Forgot to mention that with evernote you can clip photos, web pages, documents, and sent it straight to evernote. Very handy!

imagenthatnj Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:57pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNoRi

So im trying to get organized... do you know of any good apps out there that allow you to save your recipes (maybe on your MAC/ PC computer or online) then allow you you to sync/ download to your android phone?

Thanks!!!

I use YummySoup for recipes. It's just like iTunes. But it's only for Macs.

I also use Bento, which is a personal database, not only for recipes, but for notes, for pictures, for urls that will take me straight into the web. There's an app for it, too, to synchronize with your phone and iPad.

No PC experience here.

Suz246 Posted 22 May 2011 , 11:29pm
post #10 of 11

stormrider: thanks for the tip on Evernote. Just downloaded it and can't wait to try it. I too have been looking for an app that has all the functions and features of Evernote. icon_smile.gif

laurenboxall Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:50am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider

Evernote works really well for this!! I use it all the time for recipes, ideas, best business practices, and everything else. You organize everything into "notes" which are created in "notebooks". You can arrange them any way you like, share them with others, etc. You can even decide with notebooks you want to sync to other devices and which you want to keep only on your laptop/pc/mac. They have a couple of intro videos on how to use it: www.evernote.com

My husband uses a similar app called DropBox. He has it synced to our laptop, desktop and his iPhone. If he updates a file or adds a new one it syncs to all the devices. There is even a web interface in case you are on a non-synced device.

I don't yet have a smart phone so I just you GoogleDocs to keep track of all my stuff from work and home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%