Messing With A Box Mix Help...

Baking By Lovin_Cakes30 Updated 18 May 2011 , 5:23pm by kakeladi

Lovin_Cakes30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a two tier chocolate cake. I realised the BC triple fudge box I got already has the pudding in the mix! My recipe calls for adding instant pudding also....will that make it too gooey? All the extra ingredients include the pudding, sour cream, peanut butter chips and an extra egg.... so will this work with the bc boxes I already bought or do I need to get different box mixes without the pudding?

My other doctored recipe that I Love is the "white Velvet wedding cake" from the cake boss software that adds sugar, vanilla,cake flour, graduated sugar and melted butter instead of oil. I love the texture of the white cake with this. Would it work on the chocolate? Any suggestions are appreciated!

4 replies
Lovin_Cakes30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 5

Oops didn't mean to put sugar twice on the cake boss recipe.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 5

I have added dry pudding mix to BC cakes many times and they are not gooey. They usuallybake up just fine.....a little on the heavy, extra moist side.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 5

I don't see why you couldn't use the chocolate mix with the cake boss recipe. I use different box mix flavors with the basic WASC recipe all the time. I don't see how this would be much different.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 5

I have added dry pudding mix to BC cakes many times and they are not gooey. They usuallybake up just fine.....a little on the heavy, extra moist side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%