This Day Has Started Off Quite Random...

Decorating By KellyJo3 Updated 18 May 2011 , 2:13pm by KellyJo3

KellyJo3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 3

Let me start off by saying I am a fully licensed baker that unfortunately has to rent a kitchen, as home baking is not allowed in my city. I handle the phone calls for my business from my home phone number though, as I am not at the kitchen baking 24-7.

About a week ago I got a phone call from a gentleman that is in the military and he is over seas right now. He was getting information about a wedding cake for him and his future wife, for their wedding in Feb. of next year. Pretty standard phone call.

Well in the middle of the night, lastnight someone called and woke my husband and I up around 2am from a private number. We didn't answer and went back to sleep. As I was getting my 3 kids ready for school this morning at 7am there was another phone call so I answered it and instead of answering my usual way of "Sweetie Sweet Cakes this is Kelly How may I help you?" I just said hello. (We don't open until 10am)

There was a woman on the other end asking what my business was all about and who was I? I told her, we make cakes and other things. She then proceeded to tell me that she found my number on her fiance's phone and was wondering who I was and why he was calling me.

I then explained to her that he had called about ordering a wedding cake through me and that is was not what she thought. We had a bit of a chuckle and I think she ended up fine. I just thought, wow that was new, I wonder what other things I get to look forward to lol!

2 replies
Marina Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 3

Wow! I'm sensing that there is a trust issue there...and they want to get married?

KellyJo3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina

Wow! I'm sensing that there is a trust issue there...and they want to get married?

lol! good luck to them, but at least they'll have a beautiful wedding cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%