Educate Me On These Hard Candy Lollipops Please!

Sugar Work By Dayti Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 4:01pm by crisseyann

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 3

Hi - let me preface by saying I've never worked with hard candy and my forays into isomalt jewels have been a disaster so far!

A customer wants a quote from me for 700 lollipops similar to those below - a company logo made up in this case of 3 letters, all of which must be joined together (guessing with a drop of sugar) and on 1 stick.
a: how can I make a mold (or 700?) The font is logo specific so I can't just freeform the sugar
b: what would you charge? So you have an idea, I charge 2.00 for cake pops, 2.50 for cupcakes although I know they are not comparable products
c: is this really difficult to do?
d: they need them in about 2 weeks - I am really busy and have told them so, and I don't have much time to experiment since I am busy with weddings, communions etc right now.
e: they also want them packaged. What can I package them in - something transparent but not the kind of material that sugar sticks to?

Thanks for any comments you might have!

2 replies
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 3

So I educated myself icon_biggrin.gif Turns out they needed each lollipop to be 6" x 3", and about 1/3" thick. So we had a 20 cavity food grade silicone mold made for them (they paid for it!) and set to work. It took about a week to do in between all the other work I had on. Finished yesterday at 2am....I charged them 4 each. I'm quite proud of myself having never worked with hard candy before icon_biggrin.gif

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 3

You nailed it! Awesome job. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%