How Much Extra To Charge For This?

Decorating By lscbaker Updated 17 May 2011 , 6:29pm by lscbaker

lscbaker Posted 17 May 2011 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 4

I have a bride that wants me to duplicate this design (in my photos as I can't get it to attach here) on all 5 tiers of her wedding cake. It will be a lot of piping work and brush embroidery technique.

This looks to be a very labor intensive design and think it warrants an upcharge. Probably is how much? (my per serving price for fondant is $3.50). Tier sizes are 14, 12, 10, 8, 6.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!

3 replies
AnotherCaker Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 4

Covering every inch of the cake? It would start at $1,000 with me.

AnotherCaker Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 4

And that's only if it's areas, not every inch of the cake. Whew. I'd talk her into a damask stencil or something. Maybe even Cricut cutouts. Would be beautiful, and I'd be up for it, but would charge quite a lot for the piping work.

lscbaker Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 4

Funny, I was just looking at the different designer stencils to see if I could find something similar in pattern. The more I look at this and the more I think about it, the more I'm not sure if I'm up for the challenge! I addition, I have another cake that day (I'm a one-person operation). I think the bride would be receptive to a stencil if I can get one that's close (certainly would be less money for her!). I may present her with both options but really want a rough idea of what people might charge for this before I speak with her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%