Mmf And Gumpaste On Cakes In Fridge

Decorating By tullicious Updated 18 May 2011 , 8:49am by sweettreat101

tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 17 May 2011 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 4

I'm sure this has been asked a billion times, but I wanted to get the latest and greatest experience and opinions. I have a cake I'm doing with cream cheese frosting and fresh strawberry filling so I need to put it in the fridge. I am going to do some flowers and a cross on top, either with mmf or gumpaste. Do you have any advice on which one to use? I did a cake last week with cricut cutouts with gumpaste that was only one color and it's still ok. I guess I'm worried mainly about the condensation, melting, running colors... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 replies
tullicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tullicious Posted 17 May 2011 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 4

anyone please???

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:20am
post #3 of 4

I've never had colour run out of gumpaste decorations before, so I think colour-wise they should be pretty stable. I have had trouble with fondant/gumpaste decorations 'wilting' in the fridge though - it seems to only happen to me if I have the cakes in an airtight container, if the cakes are uncovered in the fridge the decorations don't wilt unless it's a very fine/thin piece that needs to stand up straight or something. (I only ever refrigerate cupcakes that have cream cheese frosting or similar on them, large cakes I only use ganache & fondant on so don't refrigerate those ever)

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 18 May 2011 , 8:49am
post #4 of 4

I have never had any problems refrigerating my cakes covered in fondant. I actually have one in there now that I made yesterday and it's fine no condensation. I do add fondant decorations and refrigerate but as for the gum paste I add those before delivery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%