Kitchen Decor I Guess......help If You Can! Please Read!

Lounge By auntmandys Updated 18 May 2011 , 2:30am by SecretAgentCakeBaker

auntmandys Posted 17 May 2011 , 12:52am
post #1 of 10

Ok this is going to sound crazy. I am hitting the forum to help me find some border, and maybe wallpaper for the kitchen. I am changing the look of my kitchen and painting and I would LOVE to have some tiered cake, cakes, cupcakes, cookies or bakery type of border that really shows who I am I guess. I have googled, checked out a wallpaper outlet etc and I am not finding really what I am looking for. A lot of it is vintage, primitive, and involves other foods, and items that aren't involved in decorating.(ex toasters etc) I would love to find something more modern, contemporary that you would expect to see in a bakery or cake shoppe. I would love to see tiered or topsy turvy cake border. So I was wondering if anyone has come across any? I figured who better to ask than all my fellow decorators! Any links, companies, pics, ideas would so be loved! Thanks!

9 replies
ayerim979 Posted 17 May 2011 , 1:10am
post #2 of 10
DSmo Posted 17 May 2011 , 1:41am
post #3 of 10

Or how about making your own stencil and painting a border?

auntmandys Posted 17 May 2011 , 2:24am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSmo

Or how about making your own stencil and painting a border?

I hadn't thought really about that, I kind of want paper and or border, so that I can hide all wall imperfections. (I hate my plaster walls!) However, I am not against the idea!

Thanks for the link!!!!

I have all kinds of cake etc border in my head, I think it would be great if there were tons to chose from. I think we spend so much time in our kitchen it should reflect us! I want to feel like I am stepping into my own cake shop! I am looking at my kitchen as an uniced cake currently!

scp1127 Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:17am
post #5 of 10

My commercial kitchen is completely decorated. I love just walking into it. I don't have wallpaper, but the walls are colored and I have collected a ton of art. My cookbook bookcases are decorated and I have a display of my catering serving pieces too. I mixed antiques with all of that stainless steel. Even my cabinet knobs are hand-painted art.

So go for it! I love my kitchen. My home kitchen is so formal and my commercial one is a real mood-lifter.

auntmandys Posted 17 May 2011 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

My commercial kitchen is completely decorated. I love just walking into it. I don't have wallpaper, but the walls are colored and I have collected a ton of art. My cookbook bookcases are decorated and I have a display of my catering serving pieces too. I mixed antiques with all of that stainless steel. Even my cabinet knobs are hand-painted art.

So go for it! I love my kitchen. My home kitchen is so formal and my commercial one is a real mood-lifter.

That sounds like so much fun, I would love to see pics! I figure if I can't find a paper and border I am going to paint and decorate, like I would ice and decorate a cake. I was thinking of attempting to use stucci and screws and anchors to make my own cabinet knobs and pulls. To look like buckeyes, candies, whatever.....When I get my mind made up I will have to post pics of it all when it's done!!

scp1127 Posted 17 May 2011 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 10

I only have my pictures on my site, nowhere else on the web. I am trademarking my business name so I don't give a link. I themed the prints around cake in literature. I have a picture of Miss Havisham's 25 year old wedding cake, cobwebs and all (Dickens' Great Expectations). I have Alice contemplating the Eat Me" cake, And a huge poster with my bakery name with Marie Antoinette holding a cupcake. The other art is bakery related and fun to look at. Because my bakery is not a storefront (but visitors are welcome), I wanted my customers to see that it is a professional commercial kitchen. The care that I took in creating my environment hopefully helps customers relate that care to their orders too. It looks as detailed as a storefront. All of the pictures are on my site along with a picture of the outside so that cusomers visiting will know they are in the right place.

DSmo Posted 17 May 2011 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

I only have my pictures on my site, nowhere else on the web. I am trademarking my business name so I don't give a link. I themed the prints around cake in literature. I have a picture of Miss Havisham's 25 year old wedding cake, cobwebs and all (Dickens' Great Expectations). I have Alice contemplating the Eat Me" cake, And a huge poster with my bakery name with Marie Antoinette holding a cupcake. The other art is bakery related and fun to look at. Because my bakery is not a storefront (but visitors are welcome), I wanted my customers to see that it is a professional commercial kitchen. The care that I took in creating my environment hopefully helps customers relate that care to their orders too. It looks as detailed as a storefront. All of the pictures are on my site along with a picture of the outside so that cusomers visiting will know they are in the right place.

That sounds fabulous! I hope you'll post pictures once you have everything settled with the name.

scp1127 Posted 18 May 2011 , 12:22am
post #9 of 10

The pictures are all on Picasa. Maybe I can figure out a way to do a link. I'm not trying to brag... I did not spend a ton of money. All prints were framed with Michael's coupons. Zazzle.com has so many posters and they all can be personalized. A little pink paint and a little green and I have a great place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%