Will This Look All Right?

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 20 May 2011 , 12:15pm by angelcakes5

angelcakes5 Posted 16 May 2011 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 7

A friend of ours is getting married and his fiance didnt want wedding cake, she wants cheesecake. But the groom has always told me he wants me to make his wedding cake. They both decided on a small 2 tierred square cake to just cut and to save the top tier. The colors of the wedding are dark blue. They wanted me to do a simple 2 layer stacked square cake with dark blue ribbon around the bottom of each tier. She has a topper but because it will be strawberry cheesecake wants me to accent with fresh strawberries in the corners. Do you think this will look all right? I just dont want it to look like a 4th of July cake, but maybe its just me. I am just worried. Sorry!

6 replies
cakesrock Posted 17 May 2011 , 4:29am
post #2 of 7

Personally, I think the strawberries would really take away from the elegance of the cake and look out of place. Can you convince her otherwise? I dont' really see the point - does she really need to advertise there's strawberry inside? If she is really set on the strawberry thing, maybe you could compromise and put strawberries in glass bowls with blue ribbons near the cake ? Or do a few cupcakes with strawberries to place around the cake. Even if they are the bride, people who don't make cakes do need our 'gentle guidance' in determining what will look appropriate on a cake. But I would be worried too and try to keep them OFF the cake. Just my opinion...

SarahBeth3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:02am
post #3 of 7

Could you leave space between the two tiers and fill that in with strawberries? Maybe even some around the bottom or just the bottom? Maybe if you made the cakes a very light version of the blue ribbon that will go around the bottom it will be a little less 4th of July.

angelcakes5 Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 7

Good news on this cake and I didnt even have to say anything about the colors. We are just doing plain white cake 3 tierred, no ribbon with a few fresh strawberries and accents. Worked out good and now I wont worry!

SarahBeth3 Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 7

Glad that worked out for you! Let us know how it turns out! I'd love to see photos when it's done!

cakesrock Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 7

Yay! Love it when things work out like that...

angelcakes5 Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:15pm
post #7 of 7

Thank You!

Quote by @%username% on %date%