Need Recipe For Spiderweb..

Baking By sugarlicious Updated 18 May 2011 , 9:44am by JanH

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone, I have to make a spiderman cake and would like to be able to make a spiderweb to go on the cake that I can move, something like sugarveil but I have to make the cake for next week and don't have time to order any, do anyone have a recipe to share, any help would be greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 8

I have seen people use thin string black licorice to make a web. Not sure if this would be the look you would like though.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 16 May 2011 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you for your replys, they were very helpful icon_smile.gif

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 17 May 2011 , 3:29am
post #5 of 8

I've been wondering how adding gum tragacanth powder to royal icing would work? (Actually I posted a thread on it recently, but alas, no responses.) Obviously you'd have to adjust the water content because the gum trag. would soak up moisture, but I can't think why it wouldn't work. I guess it'd be something like mixing unbreakable gel and royal icing together. I'm going to do some experimenting when I get the time.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 17 May 2011 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 8

Coral, I was thinking something around the same lines with watering down a bit of fondant and adding some tylose to it then put in piping bag and pipe on greased wax paper and see what would happen. Jan, thanks so much for the links, I think I will try the gummy spiderweb recipe, I have all the ingredients here for it, was just wondering though if I would freeze the leftovers in a ziploc bag instead having to throw away what was left, what do you think?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 May 2011 , 9:44am
post #8 of 8

Sorry, I've never used or make the gummy spiderweb recipe....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%