Anyone Know Where I Can Purchase A Stamp For A Doilie Cake?

Decorating By labmom Updated 16 May 2011 , 12:49pm by Karen421

labmom Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:58am
post #1 of 5

I posted a while ago but still am having a problem finding a stamp used to create doilies to go around a cake that I am making in july. I can't locate my former post but someone knew the cake that I am making and posted the photo of it. I wondered if I could buy a round doilie frill cutter and then perhaps buy he foil/paper doilies and make the impression on them with them. also does anyone think that I should perhaps add gumpaste to the fondant. I plan on making a test run with the doilies because they are like little plates they need to dry but they also need to be curved to the tiers. any suggestions on how this should be done..

any help finding the stamp or anything with this cake.. is most appreciated.

thanks to everyone.

4 replies
Coral3 Posted 16 May 2011 , 9:59am
post #2 of 5

You could certainly use foil/paper doilies, or even (clean!) fabric/cotton ones to create the texture - I imagine finding an actual 'doily' stamp might be difficult.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 16 May 2011 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 5

Hi labmom!

Below is the original personal message I sent you. For future reference, your old messages stay in the inbox or sent box until you delete them. Good luck with your cake! I had been wondering how it turned out; please post a pic when you are finished.

Old message:

If you google
Rubber stamp doily
You will find a lot of options. Check out the craft stores, and especially if you havea stamp store in your area. Maybe you can find one. If not, here are some to buy online.

Edited to fix the links.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 16 May 2011 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 5

Here is the link to your original post.

Karen421 Posted 16 May 2011 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%