Elite Fondant By Fondx

Decorating By cocobaby Updated 16 May 2011 , 2:58am by cocobaby

cocobaby Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:32am
post #1 of 8

I'm thinking of getting some of this fondant and was wondering if anyone has used it and what you think of it. I was wondering if it does what it claims - "does not dry out or crack". What do you think about the taste - I have been using Satin Ice.

7 replies
Kitagrl Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:41am
post #2 of 8

I haven't tried FondX Elite but I use regular FondX and it tastes and handles way better than Satin Ice. IMHO that is.

cocobaby Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:44am
post #3 of 8

Thanks Kitagrl - I've used the white Fondx before and like how it tastes, just didn't know about the colors.

Kitagrl Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:45am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobaby

Thanks Kitagrl - I've used the white Fondx before and like how it tastes, just didn't know about the colors.

I have used the colors (couldn't remember if that's "elite" or not) and the colors are not as bright as the Satin Ice colors. I hate Satin Ice but I do like their nice bright colors. I do not like the FondX colors but they at least taste and handle better. Can't win. haha.

Karen421 Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:52am
post #5 of 8

I have used the brown, red, black, green and orange and I love it!!! I use the regular white Fondx all the time and love that also! I was forced to use Satin Ice once (Once was to much!!) I will not make that mistake again!!! Fondx just works better and holds up better in our weird Arkansas climate. thumbs_up.gif

cocobaby Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:56am
post #6 of 8

I just hate paying that much for fondant - it's about double of Satin Ice (on Global Sugar Art) without knowing what I will be getting - I might just try the brown color for right now since its a lighter than SI. Thanks for you help.

Kitagrl Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:57am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobaby

I just hate paying that much for fondant - it's about double of (on ) without knowing what I will be getting - I might just try the brown color for right now since its a lighter than SI. Thanks for you help.

I got mine when CalJava had it half off....I wouldn't pay full price, either, for the fondX colors.

cocobaby Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:58am
post #8 of 8

Karen421 - thanks for your opinion. If it works for Arkansas climate it should work for East Texas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%