Anyone Done A Cupcake Bouquet With Cups

Baking By goeasycakes Updated 18 May 2011 , 12:14am by Serena4016

goeasycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goeasycakes Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:29am
post #1 of 4

and put it in a pot?

I'm going to attempt my first bouquets (as teacher gifts) and want to use the cup method that Yoliebean shows, but instead of using tissue paper as the "container", I want to put it in a flower pot (the opening is about 6.25"). I stapled all (7) the 5oz cups together and it fits in the pot, but raises up above the side just a bit, so I could cover the cups up with shredded paper. I'm wondering if there is any need for the cake board? It doesn't seem like it.

I'm also planning on covering the cupcakes with a fondant circle and then putting a flower, butterfly, etc fondant cut out on top.

Thanks for any adviceicon_smile.gif

3 replies
irishnonna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irishnonna Posted 17 May 2011 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 4

I have made mine the way you are describing. I also hotglued the cups to the pot so there was no issue with the cupcakes moving. Since the cups do show slightly I would suggest taking squares of green tissue paper and inserting into any openings between the cups and the pot and any space between the cups, before placing cupcakes in cups There is no need for a cake board. I tied a wide ribbon around the pot and was very happy with the way it looked. Good luck.

SugarandSpice3674 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarandSpice3674 Posted 18 May 2011 , 12:14am
post #3 of 4

hi there, I also have made a cupcake bouquet the same way, i stapled the 2oz cups together then hotglued them to the inside of the pot, tied a ribbon around the pot and used tissue paper in the spaces in between the cups, it was adorable. I didnt use a cake board,i did weigh the pot down a bit with a bag of jelly beans before inserting the cups to give more stability icon_smile.gif Good Luck, I'm sure they will love them!

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 18 May 2011 , 12:14am
post #4 of 4

Look in my photo gallery....I show how I did mine in the one with the pink cupcakes...see the additional photos. I wrapped the cups in green paper and used fondant leaves ( next time I think I will use fake leaves) and filled the empty spaces in between with fake floral pearls. ribbon, & the fondant leaves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%