Favorite New Technique?

Decorating By sugarrush74 Updated 1 Apr 2012 , 9:54pm by sugarrush74

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:04am
post #91 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanhazcakes

cownsj, if it's okay, I will pm you with my email address. I would love the template for the popcorn wrappers. icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry it took so long, but I finally got back into my email. You should have the template now.

kimmi1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmi1963 Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:24am
post #92 of 103

I too would love to know how to do the gelatin bubbles. If you would not mind to send it to me also. Thanks so much!

kimmi1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmi1963 Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:31am
post #93 of 103

I too would love to know how to do the gelatin bubbles. If you would not mind to send it to me also. Thanks so much!

cupcakeluv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeluv Posted 19 May 2011 , 5:13am
post #94 of 103

thankyou cownsj for helping and sharing the tutoiral with all of us

cownsj Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:18pm
post #95 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmi1963

I sent yours to you.

Cupcakeluv and everyone else, you are more than welcome. For those who asked for the popcorn cupcake wrappers, I can't attach it to anything in here, so please send me your email address and I'll attach the template directly into my email so you'll not only have them, they will be perfectly sized with 4 on a page.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 20 May 2011 , 3:46am
post #96 of 103

cownsj....could you please add me to your list? I am MOST grateful. You're a peach for sending this to everyone. TIA! [email protected]

cownsj Posted 20 May 2011 , 3:58am
post #97 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisseyann

cownsj....could you please add me to your list? I am MOST grateful. You're a peach for sending this to everyone. TIA! [email protected]

Thanks crisseyann, but I get great joy being able to share with everyone. Do you want the gelatin bubbles instructions, the popcorn cupcakes label template, or both? (I'll have better photos of the popcorn cupcakes in a couple days). Then I'll get whatever you want sent to you tomorrow.

crisseyann Posted 20 May 2011 , 4:09am
post #98 of 103

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Both if you don't mind! Thanks so much. icon_smile.gif

cownsj Posted 20 May 2011 , 4:20am
post #99 of 103
Quote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Both if you don't mind! Thanks so much. icon_smile.gif

You should have them both. If you haven't made the cupcakes and need instructions on how to make them, let me know and I'll send you instructions for that too. They take alot of work, you want to make as much in advance as you can. But both of these projects are so much fun.

WEll, now, I can't see straight, so I think it's probably time for me to go to sleep..... zzzzzzzzzz lol Night all.

crisseyann Posted 20 May 2011 , 11:35am
post #100 of 103

Yes, I would also like the cupcakes instructions. Thanks again!
[email protected]

cownsj Posted 20 May 2011 , 2:18pm
post #101 of 103
Quote:

Yes, I would also like the cupcakes instructions. Thanks again!
[email protected]

I was going to email the instructions, but thought in case others need them, I might as well just post them here:

Needed:
Mini Marshmallows
Scissors
Yellow Food Color
Popcorn Wrapper
NutCup

Ahead of time you want to make your marshmallow popcorn pieces, as they do take alot of time to do. I plan on about 22 - 25 per cupcake. Using a scissors, snip an "x" design into the top of the marshmallow. (You might want to do alot of these at one time. Then pull open the cut sections and paint a little yellow food coloring. (Yellow color mixed with vanilla). Don't try to be neat, some gets more color, some gets it on the outside, makes it look more like real popcorn. Put them on a cookie sheet while you work.

Next, print, then cut out your popcorn wrappers. I roll a piece of tape and attach it to the top of a nutcup, just below the lip and push the center section of the wrapper against the tape to hold it in place. Then wrap the label around the cup, again, just below the lip, overlap the ends and tape it shut. Now you want to snip the lip of the nutcup at the back just so it will be easier to get to the cupcake later.

After your nutcup and wrapper are ready you can drop a cooled cupcake into the cup and push it to the bottom. Do NOT bake in the nutcup as it is coated and shouldn't be used for baking. If you want to fill your cupcake do so, then frost the top. Now take your pieces of popcorn and push it into the frosting, covereing the entire top of the cupcake. Put them in different directions to get that realistic effect.

You now have mini bags of popcorn. VERY time consuming, but worth the effort.

cownsj Posted 21 May 2011 , 8:50pm
post #102 of 103
sugarrush74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarrush74 Posted 1 Apr 2012 , 9:54pm
post #103 of 103

Hi All!

Any new great techniques for 2012? I'm a bit slow off the mark this year, and don't have any new things to tell you abouticon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%