New From Guatemala

Decorating By sassyfighter Updated 23 May 2011 , 11:48pm by labarradulce

sassyfighter Posted 15 May 2011 , 10:47pm
post #1 of 3

Although I was on the site a lot when I lived in the states, I have moved to Guatemala. I am wondering if there is anyone on here who knows where I can purchase supplies in Guatemala. There were 2 places listed in the capital, but they seem not to be there anymore. I am currently making the 2 day trip to Belize and back every 3 months or so, but that is expensive as well as a long ride. Having supplies shipped from America is a nightmare. Often, they just never come or arrive 3 months after I need them.

Gee, it does feel good to get back into cakes again, but they all tend to look the same without all the stuff I had in the states.

Thanks, Gail

2 replies
Marianna46 Posted 17 May 2011 , 2:23am
post #2 of 3

Well, I'd tell you to come to Cancún, but that's even farther away than Belize. I have two or three suppliers here, although I admit I have stuff shipped a lot from Mexico City. Little by little you find out where things are and what local things you can substitute for things you need, but it takes a long time! Anyhow welcome to Cake Central. I think you'll like it here. If you need to chit-chat about making cakes in the tropics or just want to vent, feel free to write me!

labarradulce Posted 23 May 2011 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 3

Hi i`m from Guatemala! icon_biggrin.gif

You can buy Wilton and Nordicware supplies in Cemaco they have a great selection

other stores are
-"Le Bon" is near Blv. Los proceres zone 10
-"Blossom cakes" also in Blv. Los proceres, its a little expensive and doesnt carry that much

or in zone 1 you can find "Las Cacerolas", "La Palma Cobrie" and "Steph" are in the opposite corner of the central market, they sell a lot of Wilton and Atteco products some even cheaper than online

I buy most of my supplies in La palma or in Cemaco icon_smile.gif

Good luck and welcome to guatemala!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%