Accents On Quilted Cake

Decorating By lahernandez Updated 16 May 2011 , 1:17am by MadMillie

lahernandez Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 5

What is the best way to add little round accents on a fondant covered cake that has been quilted?

All the ones I have seen look like they use either fondant or gumpaste but would royal icing also work?

If it's fondant or gumpaste what would be the best way to attach?

Thanks a bunch.

4 replies
MissLisa Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 5

You can use the dragees and just put them on with a dot of royal icing, or you can roll your own (gumpaste/fondant) and attach the same way. You can also use just a tiny bit of piping gel.

You can also pipe them on in royal icing, just remember to pat down all the points (there's nothing worse than a pointy dot!)

snazzygem Posted 16 May 2011 , 12:08am
post #3 of 5

I just finished a quilted cake (in my photos) and I just used a tool that had a pointed end (similar to a pencil). I poked a hole first and then pushed the little dragee into the hole.

HappyCake10609 Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:11am
post #4 of 5

The black & white wedding cake in my photos' was quilted and I attached silver dragees at the cross-points with a tiny bit of royal icing so it wouldn't show around the dragee. In August I will be doing a wedding cake and the bride wants white dots, so I will just pipe royal icing dots. I've seen white dragees at my cake supply story, but they are more off white. I can't imaging rolling all those tiny balls out of fondant or gumpaste, but if I did I would attach them the same way, or use gumglue.

MadMillie Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:17am
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%