How Can I Get This Imprint?? Help Please

Decorating By tasha27 Updated 16 May 2011 , 4:28pm by calicopurr

tasha27 Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 16

I am doing a graduation cake this week and the client wants a cake similar to this one I looked at Fondant rollers and can't find one with this impression, does anyone here know where I can get one by Thursday? Thanks in advance

15 replies
NanaSandy Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 16

it might be a stamp?

MissLisa Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:52pm
post #3 of 16

That might be an impression mat for use with clay too.......

tasha27 Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 16

I was actually thinking it may be a stamp as I was typing the question. I will check Hobby Lobby Tomorrow and Joanns and Michaels today. Thanks..I emailed the creator last week but no reply as of yet. I also googled impression mats and came up with nothing also.

KoryAK Posted 15 May 2011 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 16

Check out the scrapbooking aisle too. They have a lot of 3D pieces that work great as impression makers and they are a LTO cheaper than "real" things"

quietude Posted 15 May 2011 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 16

I think I've seen this one in the clay section at Hobby Lobby & Joanns.

ibmoser Posted 15 May 2011 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 16

I've seen it, too, but can't remember where. If the cake is for a female, you may be able to use the Wilton "Graceful Vines" impression mat. It is a little more floral and scrolly than the ferns but is still vaguely similar

Looks to me like the ferns are impressed into the fondant rather than raised up from the fondant, just like the Wilton mat.

FlourPots Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:24am
post #8 of 16

tasha27...I believe that's the Sculpey texture mat...I just purchased it and it looks just like the pattern on the cake.

It comes in a set of 2...Ferns & Squares

tasha27 Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:38am
post #9 of 16

Thanks everyone for the replies FlourPots went to that link and it does look exactly like it, went to order it and......Its sold out. I am going to check the arts and crafts shops tomorrow since we are lucky enough to have all three I should find something. Ibmoser, I actually have that pin from Wilton but unfortunately this cake is for a male so that is a no go. Thanks again everyone icon_biggrin.gif

FlourPots Posted 16 May 2011 , 7:53am
post #10 of 16

If you can't find it locally, they are in stock at QVC...that's where I got mine:

Nusi Posted 16 May 2011 , 9:09am
post #11 of 16

honestly dear i dont see why u are getting specific about the impression mat or roller.. unless the cutomer asked spicificly for it i dont think they mind the change.. u can always tell them that u will use antoher impression and hoenstly i dont think they would mind.. the main idea on this cake is not really affected by the impression. of course unless the customer wants it specifically

tasha27 Posted 16 May 2011 , 12:50pm
post #12 of 16

Thanks I found it at QVC and yes the customer wants that imprint I am not doing the same cake just the imprint, trust me if I could use another one I would. Thanks all the same. icon_lol.gif

FlourPots Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:48pm
post #13 of 16

I'm so glad you got it...I should've linked QVC from the beginning, but their photo wasn't showing up for me, and I thought it might not for you either, so I found another site that showed the pattern clearer.

diamondsmom Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:55pm
post #14 of 16

Its definitely a stamp...I have the same one and paid only 99cents for it icon_biggrin.gif

Tracys1982 Posted 16 May 2011 , 4:03pm
post #15 of 16

Try looking in the scrapbooking stamp asile in Michaels I am pretty sure you will find it if you dont find it in a regular stamp

calicopurr Posted 16 May 2011 , 4:28pm
post #16 of 16

I have it and I got it at Joann's in the clay section.

Quote by @%username% on %date%