Slight Delivery Mishap

Baking By plymouthcakery Updated 15 May 2011 , 6:41pm by maisyone2

plymouthcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plymouthcakery Posted 15 May 2011 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 4

I met a client this morning to deliver 3 dozen cupcakes. They were in a large box with the holders so they wouldn't roll around. When I went to lift the box and put it in the client's car, the box buckled a bit on itself, and probably 5 cupcakes popped out of the holders and landed on their side. The frosting was slightly mashed on the side as a result. I apologized profusely, he said it was no problem, he would just tell his wife they fell while he was driving icon_biggrin.gif But I feel really bad. Should I offer a small refund? Should I call and apologize to the wife (the one who placed the order)? Should I let it go? Help!

Lesson has been learned, next time someone orders a large amount of cupcakes I will put them in separate boxes!

3 replies
bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 15 May 2011 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 4

Or place a large cake pad or piece of corrugated cardboard under the cupcakes, that way it is more stable and shouldn't buckle. Gotta love those super understanding customers! Maybe just offer 10% off their next order if you really wanna offer something to make yourself feel better, but it sounds like he wasn't upset over it... so up to you. icon_smile.gif

plymouthcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plymouthcakery Posted 15 May 2011 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 4

Good idea bakingkat. If I get a large cupcake order in the future I will consider that, it makes sense (and I wish I had thought of it, because I had the material!). I think I will call the wife tomorrow and offer 10% off a future order, that way she will know I am sorry and it will (hopefully) ensure future business. icon_smile.gif Thanks!

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 15 May 2011 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 4

I always buy the clear plastic containers for my cupcake orders. NEVER a problem!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%