Help Me Please !!!!!!!

Decorating By kilamarie24 Updated 15 May 2011 , 2:59pm by cakeyouverymuch

kilamarie24 Posted 15 May 2011 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 6

I am a intermediate wedding cake baker. My mom and I have made about 30 wedding cakes. Mom took a wedding cake class in the early 70's and from watching her I am self taught. We just make cakes for family and friends. I have a cousin getting married and wanting this cake. I don't know how or what to use to get this "separator" looks like frosted acrylic. Can anyone help me on what this is? or what to use to achieve this look?
search: wedding-cake-with-flowers.jpg (i couldn't add the picture as an attachment to this post)

5 replies
VaBelle Posted 15 May 2011 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 6

Is it the sunflower cake? If so, it looks like simple plates and pillars. You can get some Wilton ones from Michaels.

kilamarie24 Posted 15 May 2011 , 2:25pm
post #3 of 6

no, not the sunflower cake. I have added the picture to "my photos" but i cannot get it to add the attachment. it is white with iris (i think)

Debi2 Posted 15 May 2011 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 6

It looks to me like you could just use a piece of styrofoam the size you want for the separaters and wrap the edges with ribbon. HTH

cashley Posted 15 May 2011 , 2:52pm
post #5 of 6

To me it looks like they used cake drums and wrapped the edge with ribbon.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 15 May 2011 , 2:59pm
post #6 of 6

They appear to have used the Wilton tailored tiers cake display set.

They're basically Styrofoam drums covered in satin brocade used in conjunction with spiked separator plates.

Quote by @%username% on %date%