Help With Jello Fondant

Baking By sweettreat101 Updated 15 May 2011 , 4:53pm by princess_09

sweettreat101 Posted 15 May 2011 , 10:07am
post #1 of 2

I made a batch of jello fondant and there are little pink specks throughout the batch of fondant. I microwaved the water so it was really hot before adding the jello trying to make sure the sugar was melted but when I finished mixing there was still little specks. When I knead the fondant it doesn't feel grainy they almost look like little pieces of fruit. Is there a way to fix it or should I just throw it out and make a batch of regular fondant? I was trying to give it a better flavor because the lady that is throwing the party at work doesn't like fondant. The cakes not for her I just wanted people to see that fondant is not as bad as they think. The baby shower cake picture that they gave me has the center cake covered in a shade darker of pink and coated with sanding sugar to give it that bling. Do you think it would help hide the pink specks? In the picture they used light pink and all I could find was hot pink so I figured I could make the fondant a little darker and use white sanding sugar. Any help greatly appreciated.

1 reply
princess_09 Posted 15 May 2011 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 2

I have never made Jello Fondant before, but I do think that the sanding sugar should help cover it up. As long as it isn't grainy it shouldn't be a problem. Have you ever made marshmallow fondant with candy melts? If not, that would be a great choice in the future for those who don't like the taste of fondant. Here is the link to the recipe I used

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%