? About Using Edible Images

Decorating By krzykakes Updated 15 May 2011 , 4:18am by 1sweetpea

krzykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzykakes Posted 14 May 2011 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a cake for my dh's 50th class reunion. I have a class picture that i've had done into an edible picture. I've never done one so I'm worried about a couple of things.

1. I'll be using bc. Can I put the image on when I decorate the cake the day before the event or should I wait until the morning of? (I've seen where the fat in the bc may cause problems)

2. The cake will be purple with gold trim. Can I use the image on purple bc or should I use white?

Thanks for any help you can give.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 May 2011 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 4

From my experience you want to put the image on a day or so ahead to allow it to meld to the icing underneath.White BC is better since most of the images are made with a non translucent background and the colored icing underneath will looked smeared and not blend in..Or at least that is what happened when I tried to do this with black icing.

krzykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzykakes Posted 15 May 2011 , 12:04am
post #3 of 4

Thanks Kiddiekakes!

1sweetpea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1sweetpea Posted 15 May 2011 , 4:18am
post #4 of 4

yes, it will definitely work best on a white background! when it melds with the bc it will take on the color (or lack thereof) of the icing.

if you make it a day ahead (different products will behave differently, in terms of melding time), it might help to keep it away from light to avoid any discoloration or fading; try to deliver it in a box with no window icon_smile.gif...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%