Cutter Used For Flower And Process??

Decorating By Tor1985 Updated 14 May 2011 , 9:41pm by grandmomof1

Tor1985 Posted 14 May 2011 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 7

Hey all,

I've been asked to make cupcakes similar to the photo below but I'm not sure what cutter was used and how they did them...anyone know?? I searched but couldn't find anything, I figured someone here would know icon_smile.gif


6 replies
Tor1985 Posted 14 May 2011 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 7
cheatize Posted 14 May 2011 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know about a cutter, but Wilton has tip to make that flower in buttercream. It's a simple flower to make.

BakerAnn Posted 14 May 2011 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 7

It doesn't appear to have been cut, rather piped thru a flower tip such as a 220 or possibly formed with a 101.

JessDesserts Posted 14 May 2011 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 7

I think its buttercream. I would guess its close to , or a similiar version of an apple blossom.

Wilton might be helpful:

Tor1985 Posted 14 May 2011 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks ladies, I was wondering if it was buttercream...she wants fondant so I'll have to experiment a bit!

grandmomof1 Posted 14 May 2011 , 9:41pm
post #7 of 7

It looks like they used the rose tip and made them out of royal icing, very similar to what I did on this wedding cake. They were probably using one a little smaller than I did.

Quote by @%username% on %date%