Uber Excited -Got A Surprise Today

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 14 May 2011 , 11:49pm by JulieMN

kristiemarie Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 5

My mother in law said she had something for me if I wanted it... Turns out it's a compressor and airbrush! Woooooooo!!!!! New toy to play with and new skill to learn!

4 replies
YellowBrickRd Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 5

icon_eek.gif Ooooooooo My mouth is watering cant wait to get one!!!!! Have fun with your new toy!!! Show us something spectacular when you do it!!!

chrissypie Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 5

I got one too~! no clue how to use it~ lol

kakeladi Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 5

Ooohhh no wonder you are so excitedicon_smile.gif You are going to have lots of fun now.

As to how to use: Start by drawing lines. Keep practicing until you can make a straight line all acorss a page that is as thin as a pencil line.
The farther away from the cake the wider the line will be; the closer you get the thinner it will be.
Always start spraying (pull the trigger) *before* you reach the edge of the paper and stop *after* the paper ends. Next get out some patterened paper towels &/or coloring book pages and just start playing trying to fill in any pictures. That's just a few points to help get you startedicon_smile.gif

Make your self an enclosure by using a big cardboard box w/one side cut out OR buy one of those tri-fold display boards (you can get them even at the $ stores these days or try Michael's or Hobby Lobby). Put down lots of newspaper to help absorb overspray. YES, there *will* be overspray no matter how careful you are.
I remember reading about one gal who did a large cake sprayed red and later found pink all over her whole house - even upstairs - on her *ALL WHITE* furniture and rugs because she sprayed her cake near an airconditioning vent! !

JulieMN Posted 14 May 2011 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 5

Oh what a wonderful surprise! Have fun with your new toy!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%