Uber Excited -Got A Surprise Today

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 14 May 2011 , 11:49pm by JulieMN

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 5

My mother in law said she had something for me if I wanted it... Turns out it's a compressor and airbrush! Woooooooo!!!!! New toy to play with and new skill to learn!

4 replies
YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 5

icon_eek.gif Ooooooooo My mouth is watering cant wait to get one!!!!! Have fun with your new toy!!! Show us something spectacular when you do it!!!

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 5

I got one too~! no clue how to use it~ lol

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 5

Ooohhh no wonder you are so excitedicon_smile.gif You are going to have lots of fun now.

As to how to use: Start by drawing lines. Keep practicing until you can make a straight line all acorss a page that is as thin as a pencil line.
The farther away from the cake the wider the line will be; the closer you get the thinner it will be.
Always start spraying (pull the trigger) *before* you reach the edge of the paper and stop *after* the paper ends. Next get out some patterened paper towels &/or coloring book pages and just start playing trying to fill in any pictures. That's just a few points to help get you startedicon_smile.gif

Make your self an enclosure by using a big cardboard box w/one side cut out OR buy one of those tri-fold display boards (you can get them even at the $ stores these days or try Michael's or Hobby Lobby). Put down lots of newspaper to help absorb overspray. YES, there *will* be overspray no matter how careful you are.
I remember reading about one gal who did a large cake sprayed red and later found pink all over her whole house - even upstairs - on her *ALL WHITE* furniture and rugs because she sprayed her cake near an airconditioning vent! !

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 14 May 2011 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 5

Oh what a wonderful surprise! Have fun with your new toy!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%