New Wilton Molds

Decorating By nikki1273 Updated 15 May 2011 , 12:37am by infinitsky

nikki1273 Posted 14 May 2011 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 9

I purchased a new mold set from wilton, it has several different cavities on one mold. I bought one that has buttons and a bow then several types of ribbon. Works question......what is the trick to getting the ribbons which are about six inches long and vary in width to come out clean and flush? I tired rolling the fondant into a sausage the length of the mold and then scraped off the exess fondant from the back but every time I did this, the fondant lifted from the mold. I am sure that other molds are the hoping someone can help. TIA

8 replies
infinitsky Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:04pm
post #2 of 9

I really do not have an answer to your question, but would like to know the answer myself.
Aren't the new molds beautiful and well built?! I loved them all. Did you see the rose centers?
Okay maybe I thought of something, what if you do not put any corn starch or powder sugar in the mold and after you are done shaping the fondant in the mold, pop it in the freezer for a few minutes so the fondant gets hard and then pop it out of the mold (ofcourse if it has condensation on it, leave it alone for a few minutes and then touch it). This is what I do with modeling chocolate, and it just pops out clean, and I tried it with gumpaste once with no problem.

YellowBrickRd Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 9

I saw where one caker uses gumpaste/fondant mixture and it comes out more easily. You could try that! thumbs_up.gif

nikki1273 Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 9

Good ideas....thanks!!!

jem2131 Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 9

Hey ladies..
I have a question,
are the new Wilton products only available at craft stores ?because i tried looking on their website but they don't have any of the molds up yet icon_sad.gif.. I am near by a Michael's but i was just curious to see what it looked like before taking a trip to the store..

LaWmn223 Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 9

The new Wilton items are listed under gumpaste tools catagory icon_wink.gif

nikki1273 Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:42pm
post #7 of 9

I got mine at A.C. Moore, we also have a Michael's but not sure if they have these yet.

LisaStephens Posted 14 May 2011 , 7:49pm
post #8 of 9

yes, Michael's has them, I just bought the cherry blossom one this week, love it!

infinitsky Posted 15 May 2011 , 12:37am
post #9 of 9

I bought them from Hobby Lobby, and as LisaStephens said Michaels has them too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%