New To Fondant And Have A Question

Baking By rachel_n_jazmin Updated 14 May 2011 , 10:49pm by rachel_n_jazmin

rachel_n_jazmin Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 4

I've never used fondant and I have a question. I'm making a My Little Pony cake for my DD's 4th Birthday and I found one online that I absolutely love. It's two small cupcake cakes that are connected with a rainbow that stands up. My question is, If I use fondant to make the rainbow will it stand up? Like I said I've never used fondant so I really have no idea what it can do. If it won't stand up does anyone know what I could use so it would stand up? Thank you in advance for any help.

3 replies
YellowBrickRd Posted 14 May 2011 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 4

You can use gumpaste-it dries hard. Or if you can find tylose powder to add to your fondant it's cheaper than buying gumpaste (here in TN a pack is not cheap) when you make it, place in a cardboard box to dry. Keep it out of direct light to or the color can fade. I use my shoe boxes and place wax paper in them! Good luck icon_smile.gif

SarahBeth3 Posted 14 May 2011 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 4

Fondant won't stand. I agree with YellowBrickRd, gum paste. It's best to let it dry for at least 3 or 4 days, but you can make it WAY in advance if you want.

rachel_n_jazmin Posted 14 May 2011 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much. Her birthday is a week from today so I better get started on that rainbow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%