Fondant

Decorating By Johnnalee Updated 16 May 2011 , 7:28pm by Johnnalee

Johnnalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Johnnalee Posted 14 May 2011 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 3

I am making my daughter's graduation cake and I plan to make the cap and stack of books out of RKT and covering with fondant. My question is how far in advance can I do this and make sure the fondant don't turn icky? I work full time so I am preparing what I can the weekends coming up to the party.

2 replies
YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 14 May 2011 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 3

I have made some of my additional pieces to a big project and it's not due until 2 weeks from today. I bought thr RKT from the store (they have the preservatives so it wont go bad like made from scratch with butter) and I used my "glue icing" 2 cups conf. sugar, 1 tbsp shortening, 3 tbsp light corn syrup, small amts of water until thin consistency. Covered with fondant. It will dry a bit but just be sure you've decorated it and it will be fine! I check mine daily and even have pieces I made and didnt use for another project and their still fine. Just store pieces out of direct light and you'll be good to go! Congrats to your daughter graduating!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Johnnalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Johnnalee Posted 16 May 2011 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much YellowBrickRd. That makes me happy as I am so excited to get things rolling. This will be my first.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%