Yes, I Know "serving Sizes" Has Been Discussed To

Decorating By lolobell Updated 14 May 2011 , 3:36pm by lolobell

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:34am
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone!

I have just finished looking over forum after forum on cake servings. now, I'm really confused!!! Some say a 10 inch 2 layer round will feed 30, some say more, some say less etc.....

I am Italian so I always make too much food when i bake and cook!!!! however...i'm getting tired of hearing people say they just loved the cake but there was too much, they had to toss it after a few days!!!

I was asked to make a baby shower cake for a friend..50 people...they do NOT want a sheet cake. They are not skimpy eaters....what would you suggest?

I was also asked to make the cake for my daughters graduation..for the same amount of people, but in sheet cake form...what would you suggest.

THANK YOU
many thanks and apologies in advance!!!
icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mahal50881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mahal50881 Posted 14 May 2011 , 5:00am
post #2 of 5

google earlene's cake servings. That's the chart I use. It gives bigger servings than Wilton, but not too big.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 May 2011 , 5:47am
post #3 of 5

The industry standard:
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobell

I was asked to make a baby shower cake for a friend..50 people...they do NOT want a sheet cake. They are not skimpy eaters....what would you suggest?

A 56 serving 12" round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobell

I was also asked to make the cake for my daughters graduation..for the same amount of people, but in sheet cake form...what would you suggest.

A 54 serving single-layer 12x18 half sheet, or a 50 serving double-layer 9x13 quarter sheet.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 14 May 2011 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 5

Here try this

http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cake_calculator.cgi

very easy to use, has all sorts of pan shapes, etc...and then what I do because we just do 1"x 2" slices but my daughter in laws family does more like 3x4 slices...I just add alittle more.

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 14 May 2011 , 3:36pm
post #5 of 5

many thanks!!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%