Cupcake Birthday Cake For Priest?

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 15 May 2011 , 4:20pm by ToTheMax

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 13 May 2011 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 5

Priest is celebrating 70th birthday and couple of teachers would like to use cupcakes and frost like a cake to celebrate 70th birthday...anyone have any photos? first time attempt...thanks. funny saying would be helpful, but what do you say to a priest!

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 May 2011 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 5

If you google 'cupcake cake designs' you will come up with 100s of images of suchicon_smile.gif
Why not form cupcakes into the number 70? Ice each number as if it were one cake. You don't say how many people you need to serve. Don't let the fact that he is a priest bother you. He is just a person, just like you and me icon_smile.gif
Maybe you could c ome up w/a scripture about being older than Mathusela (totally misspelled but I hope you know who I mean!) - ask the teachers for help there.

wiggler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wiggler Posted 15 May 2011 , 12:17am
post #3 of 5

I agree with Kakeladi , he is a person like you and me .You dont need to focus on the priest thing . Can you find out what his past times are . Ask his friends what he is in to ? Good luck icon_smile.gif

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 15 May 2011 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 5

I am sorry...mislead you. They are not experienced decorators and would like to use cupcakes in the shape of 70...ore they could put them together and frost to look like a cake. They are not serving anyone...just giving the priest the cake to take to his home to hand out to friends.

ToTheMax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToTheMax Posted 15 May 2011 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 5

Hi I work in a retirement community for nuns and make cakes for them a lot. Don't let the priest "thing" throw you. They are people just like any of us with a wonderful sense of humor. Find out what he likes baseball, sports , books, etc. Just like any other customer. How many servings and go from there. Have fun and they will too. Best of luck I'd love to see it. I made a cake for one of our nuns 99th birthday and posted it here. A nun walking a dog. All laughed. One of the Sisters even took the little fondant nun to a party as a gag gift. Great fun and a sense of humor. Keep that in mind

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%