Satin Ice Storage?

Decorating By BGchef Updated 13 May 2011 , 3:17pm by cakegirl1973

BGchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BGchef Posted 13 May 2011 , 3:20am
post #1 of 5

There was an awesome satin ice sale on GSA so I purchases a 20 lb bucket, out of which i just used about 2 lbs. I've never had this much fondant left over, usually it's just enough to store in a ziploc bag. My question is, has anyone ever kept leftover fondant right in the satin ice bucket? Does it stay ok this way? Perhaps I should rub some shortening on the top of it and stick some plastic wrap on and shut it tight?

4 replies
cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 13 May 2011 , 3:34am
post #2 of 5

i always buy the 20lb satin ice and just store the leftovers in the bucket. the airtight seal keeps it fresh icon_biggrin.gif the first time i bought it i was worried about the same thing so i took it all out, divided it into 8 pieces, and sealed each air-tight using my food saver. it did the trick, but i found its just as good as leaving it in the bucket

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 13 May 2011 , 4:17am
post #3 of 5

I have always bought the 20 lb. bucket. As long as I keep it tightly wrapped in the can it remains fresh for a long time. icon_smile.gif

BGchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BGchef Posted 13 May 2011 , 5:14am
post #4 of 5

Thanks!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 13 May 2011 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 5

I tie a rubber band around the bag, put it in the bucket, and seal the lid. Keeps great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%