She Changed The Date And Didn't Tell Me!! Now What?!

Baking By Bubbl3h3ad Updated 13 May 2011 , 4:03am by cake_architect

Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 13 May 2011 , 1:35am
post #1 of 6

I just got done with a cupcake cake for a coworker. I made her one last year for her kid and she wanted another one this year. So I posted it on FB so she could see it and she sent me a message and said, "Is that going to keep til next weekend?"

WHAT!!!????

I am already booked for next weekend and the week after and the week after. I put her on the calendar immediately when she emailed me at work. I don't have time to redo the cake next week and she insists that the party was always for the NEXT weekend.

So the cake has buttercream and an edible image on it. Will I be able to wrap it up really well, freeze it, and then let it thaw completely before I unwrap it? Would it still be good and would it ruin the edible image?
I am so ticked right now I can't even explain it icon_mad.gif

5 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 13 May 2011 , 1:48am
post #2 of 6

Is her original email in your deleted folder?

If you are certain, or can prove, that you are correct, you could always deliver it now and let her decide what to do with it herself...At least that way, she will get it in its perfect condition. If she decides to wrap and freeze it herself and the image gets ruined, she can't blame you for that. But if you are the one to freeze and store it yourself and it gets ruined, she''ll see that as your fault and you'll have to deliver it in that state or remake it.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 13 May 2011 , 1:49am
post #3 of 6

I have no idea what freezing would do to an edible image...Could you take it off and just put a new one on next week?

I'd also go back and check all the emails and everything to see when the actual date was. She has to have said it at some point.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 13 May 2011 , 2:22am
post #4 of 6

Agreed. If she gave you this date in an email and you have it to show her - deliver as planned and let her deal with freezing and saving. Not your problem.

If however, the error is on your part, then I think you may have a late night sometimne next week re-doing this order! (That is, if you can't salvage the ones you've made...I have had no luck freezing cupcakes, the wrappers always peel off mine).

moey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moey Posted 13 May 2011 , 2:31am
post #5 of 6

In my experience the edible image when thawing gets sweaty and gross. You can freeze the cake and just put a new picture on it couldn't you?

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 13 May 2011 , 4:03am
post #6 of 6

totally agree, double check your emails. if its you, you'll have to make time unfortunately. if its her, she'll have to figure out what to do (you can give her storage instructions though)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%