Clay Molds / Wilton Decorative Press

Decorating By nikki1273 Updated 13 May 2011 , 2:27am by kakeladi

nikki1273 Posted 12 May 2011 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 2

Has anyone ever used clay molds to form fondant/gumpaste? I was snooping around @ the local craft store and saw a couple of cool items. Just wondering if there is a trick to using them. They also had some cool cutters in this area which I assume could be used cutting fondant/gumpaste.

Next question...has anyone purchased the new Wilton decorative press? I was checking this out and it appears that it should work much like the (red/black) extruder gun. I does not have as many plates to make the shapes, nor is the tool itself shaped like the extruder. I am thinking about purchasing with a 50% off coupon which would make it only $10. Would love to hear from anyone who has used or purchased this.

1 reply
kakeladi Posted 13 May 2011 , 2:27am
post #2 of 2

Check out this thread: http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-718240.html

Many people have used clay molds for many decorating things. A few people have brought up the fact that sometimes (if not all the time) these items say something to the effect 'should not be used for food'. That's usually because the item is not made in a food inspected factory and might not be as clean or some ingredient might not be best if certain foods come in contact with them. So far as is known no one has ever been harmed in any way from their use icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%