Best Way To Make Marble Cake?

Baking By ConfectionsCC Updated 13 May 2011 , 9:02pm by MimiFix

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:01pm
post #1 of 6

I have read doing it two different ways. 1) marble together two cake batters, like vanilla and chocolate. 2) marble with one cake batter, and melted chocolate instead of the chocolate cake batter. Which bakes better, and tastes better? Is there another way to do it? I have made it several times with the two different batters...just wanted to make sure I am doing this right!

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 May 2011 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 6

The times I have done it, I was doing it for larger cakes, so since I needed more batter, I would just mix the two vanilla and chocolate together. If I was doing a smaller cake, and didn't need two or more cake mixes then I'd probably pull some out of the vanilla and make it chocolate.

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 13 May 2011 , 2:12am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Texas icon_biggrin.gif I was making a 12in square so I made a chocolate recipe and filled the pan with what the single vanilla recipe wouldn't icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 May 2011 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 6

How did it turn out?

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 13 May 2011 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 6

I make my usual WASC recipe. Pour 3/4 of the batter into the pan. Add Hershey cocoa (I never measure...just eyeball it, when it looks really dark, I'm there) to the remaining 1/4 batter and mix very well. Then I randomly pour this on top of the white already in the pan and begin "swirling" it with a knife. I tap the pan on the counter a few times to "settle" the batter. That's it. The people who request my marble cake say it's delicious, so that's how I keep doing it.
HTH

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 13 May 2011 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 6

I mix cocoa with oil, maybe 1/4 cup oil and 2 or 3 tablespoons cocoa. Then after I pour about 3/4 of the batter into the baking pan I add the cocoa/oil mixture to the remaining batter and mix well. The chocolate batter is then dropped onto the vanilla and swirled in. Using oil gives the chocolate a richer taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%