How Long Will These Last For?

Decorating By Niki11784 Updated 12 May 2011 , 4:47pm by Crazboutcakes

Niki11784 Posted 12 May 2011 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I need to make cupcakes for an event that will be on a Saturday, out of town. We are traveling there Friday morning ( by car, 3 hours away) I plan on making hersheys chocolate cupcakes with a buttercream frosting swirl, with cowboy hat cake toppers made out of modeling chocolate. My question is, can i make these earlier in the week and freeze the frosted cupcakes, and keep the toppers in a cool, dry place? Should i freeze the toppers? If the cupcakes are defrosted friday afternoon, will they still be ok for Saturday morning? This is for family btw, not an order.

3 replies
Niki11784 Posted 12 May 2011 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 4

Bump- was hoping someone could help me...

BrindysBackyard Posted 12 May 2011 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 4

i do not know about freezing the cupcakes with the buttercream but i have frozen cupcakes (for 1 week) and had no problems. You just need to wrap them in plastic wrap. How hard would it be to do the icing when you get there? 3 hours in a car is a long time and it could get messy if it is a bumpy ride icon_wink.gif

Crazboutcakes Posted 12 May 2011 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 4

I would imagine that you could freeze the cupcakes but I would not decorated the before hand. I would imagine by the time they started to thaw they would probebly be in the melting faze when you got to your destination. I would even decorate them until I got there. just my opionion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%