First Cake Tasting And Design Sesson!!!!

Decorating By CraveBakery Updated 12 May 2011 , 1:28pm by indydebi

CraveBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraveBakery Posted 12 May 2011 , 12:13pm
post #1 of 2

I have an order for the big wedding cake, and the customer is expecting a cake tasting and design session. WHAT....I mean I know it was coming, but thinking about it and actually doing it is two different things!! I have never done a tasting, or a design session besides trading messages and phone calls. I assume I need to have a contract for them to sign, how many cakes for tasting and because I have only done one other wedding cake, what am I suppose to show them??? icon_confused.gif

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 May 2011 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 2

this thread has a number of photos and some great advice from a number of CCers on how to do a sampling: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=592119&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tray&&start=0 With all of the great ideas in this thread, it should be easy for you to pick some things that will work very well for you.

Whatever you decide to do, it's a good idea to have all of this all planned out before taking your next order for a large cake. thumbs_up.gif I had all of my forms created, the outline done, the logistics planned out for my samplings before I even put my website up or ordered my biz cards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%