Fondant Molds....help Please!!

Sugar Work By Shelley51708 Updated 11 May 2011 , 11:33pm by Shelley51708

Shelley51708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelley51708 Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 9

I have been doing cakes for a little over a year, but BC and Royal icings only. I am now venturing into fondant. I want to make the baby lying down and I have the mold for it. I have other molds as well, but having problems getting them OUT of the mold. Can someone please help me? I have a baby shower cake for a friend this weekend that I want to use the baby mold for. TIA!!

8 replies
Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 9

You can dust it with some icing sugar and it should 'pop' out! Good luck!

genevieveyum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
genevieveyum Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 9

popping it into the freezer for a minute helps too!

Shelley51708 Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 9

icing sugar? you mean like powdered sugar? the freezer!! good idea too, THANKS!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, Icing sugar is powdered sugar, I forgot about the freezer but that works a charm too!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 11 May 2011 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 9

I have that mold. The freezer works best. Then you don't have to worry about getting the sugar off of the baby and out of the mold. You don't have to leave it in very long either. Just a few minutes. Now, having said that, I put mine in the "quick freeze" section of my freezer.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 11 May 2011 , 8:19pm
post #7 of 9

Definately refrigerator or freezer

When you add stuff like cornstarch or powdered sugar it gets into the tiny crevices etc and you LOSE detail on the mould.

When you dust it off your baby might be EAR- LESS icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 11 May 2011 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 9

LOL the first few times I made the baby I tried to do it to early and he ended up earless and flat. didnt look so cute, I put them in the freezer and go about my own business so I can just pop him out carefully and then leave him to dry if there is any moisture beads on him and then come back to in in an hour or so to make sure the ear is nice and dry and do what I need to do to get him all cute hth

Shelley51708 Posted 11 May 2011 , 11:33pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you all!! So I don't need to put anything in the mold itself other than the fondant, then put him in the freezer? Awesome! Does this work for like the leaves presses and stuff like that too?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%