Ruffle Frosting

Baking By BGchef Updated 13 May 2011 , 1:57pm by Cupcations

BGchef Posted 11 May 2011 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how to do the ruffled frosting look on a cupcake?? I'm trying to make it look like either of the two pics below. Please answer in detail if you know how this is done! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Lizzard1 Posted 11 May 2011 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 6

Those are very cute icon_smile.gif I would say to use maybe a 104 tip and just go around the top of the cupcake in layers (3) until it is covered! That would be my advice. It looks very nice and will be pretty easy I think! Good luck

BGchef Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 6

Ok I figured out the top one, it's done with tip 2D, the giant drop flower tip. Dont know how I didn't think of that! Lizard, im gonna try the 104 for the other one

SUNSHINEMOLLY Posted 13 May 2011 , 9:38am
post #4 of 6

Let us know how you get on.
They look AMAZING!!

cakesnglass Posted 13 May 2011 , 12:27pm
post #5 of 6

My guess any size rose tip (depending on the size of ruffle you would like #104 or larger) you can stripe the bag and hold the cupcake like a rose nail in your hand. The ruffles close to the cup cake will be your first row,hold the bag horizontal to the cup cupcake and pipe your ruffle while turning the cupcake (like if making a rose) next row angle the tip and pipe your next row, angle almost straight up and down to get the top row. Good Luck!! Pretty

Cupcations Posted 13 May 2011 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 6

Just a thought...Have you tried any of the ruffle tips?
I used one of the ruffle tips for one of my CCs it had a similar effect

Quote by @%username% on %date%