Help...wilton Filigree Stairs And Bridge Set...

Decorating By CGoguen Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 6:04pm by DianaI

CGoguen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CGoguen Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I really need the help of somebody who has this set: Wilton Filigree Stairs and Bridge set. It is white plastic.

I am doing a cake that is using this over the summer however I won't have access to it until the week I make the cake. I am trying to work out the cake dimensions now but I need some measurements from this set.

If anyone has one handy and can tell me these things, I would be forever grateful.

I need to know:

1. How wide the bottom most stair is (the one that would sit on the cake). What would be the smallest cake this can go on?

2. If the bridge is together, how far apart (horizontally) are the bases of the 2 sets of stairs. Ie...how far apart does the centers of both cakes have to be?

I am sitting on eggshells because I agreed to do this cake, with 2 tiers of cake on each side, a fountain in the middle....all sitting on a big slab cake. The size is overwhelming me so I am trying to get it on paper to plan it out correctly.

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 11 May 2011 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGoguen

1. How wide the bottom most stair is (the one that would sit on the cake). What would be the smallest cake this can go on?

2. If the bridge is together, how far apart (horizontally) are the bases of the 2 sets of stairs. Ie...how far apart does the centers of both cakes have to be?

1. Five inches. Five inches.

2. 38.25 inches. 38.25 inches.

Filigree Bridge and Stairway Set:
Connect your decorated cakes with this impressive pair of stairs for an exciting formal presentation. Position ornament on the center of the graceful filigree platform. Stairs 16-3/4 long, platform 4-3/4 in. by 5 in. White plastic.

CGoguen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CGoguen Posted 11 May 2011 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! You are a huge help!

DianaI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaI Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 4

I am doing a cake using the Filigree Bridge on June 12th. I am wondering what size figurines fit best on the stairs. It's for a Quinceanera and I am having a hard time finding a good source to order from and want to make sure they look proportionate once I locate them.

Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%