Is It Just Me...

Decorating By caked4life Updated 11 May 2011 , 7:34pm by caked4life

caked4life Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 4

I recently order a few containers of Fondx fondant. Seems like the longer I knead it the softer it gets, almost too soft to do anything with. Is this normal for Fondx fondant?

TIA

3 replies
Marianna46 Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 4

Actually, it is, and I think it may be the case for most fondants. I don't know if it's the heat of the hands that does this, but I've had the same experience. FondX is the one I use the most, but it's happened with Satin Ice the few times I've used it, too. The only one I haven't had that experience with is Carma Massa Ticino Tropic. I generally add as much powdered sugar as I need to to get it back to the consistency I want plus a little shortening to keep all that powdered sugar from drying it out.

SarahBeth3 Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 4

Sometimes I just seal my fondant back up when it starts to get that way and let it rest for about 10 minutes. I think it cools back down from my hot hands and then it is ready to be worked again. Also, sometimes in warmer weather, I run cold water over my hands to cool them down and then dry them REALLY well before diving back into the fondant.

caked4life Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your replies.

I've never had this problem with satin ice or my homemade MMF. Maybe I'll bump the A/C up a bit to see if this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%