S'more Cake Pops?

Decorating By airedalian Updated 12 May 2011 , 3:33pm by Marianna46

airedalian Posted 11 May 2011 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 7

I'm doing cake pops for a Scout function and was thinking of doing crushed graham crackers bound with marshmallow fluff and dipped in chocolate. Do you think it will work or just become a gloopy and/or oversugared mess? (Not sure the latter is a big issue for the kids ... parents, maybe, but not the kids!)

6 replies
Marianna46 Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 7

Oh, goodness, I'm drooling! I think they'd taste great and be a big hit. What a terrific idea! Let the parents grab a saltine if it's too much sugar for them!

Spuddysmom Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 7

Maybe you can't have too much sugar for kids' taste, but my teeth hurt just thinking of this combo. I'd try one first before handing them out, if it is too sweet what about a dip in choc then sprinkling/rolling a pop in mini-marshmallows and crunched up grahams? Saw something similar at Starbucks.

Marianna46 Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:34pm
post #4 of 7

I think the sweetness would depend on how much marshmallow fluff you used to bind them with. Just use the minimum amount you need to get them to stick together. After all, graham crackers aren't as sweet as cake and marshmallow creme isn't much sweeter than buttercream.

Spuddysmom Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:41pm
post #5 of 7

Marianna46, you're right, and what a neat new combination. It would seem a challenge to get the right proportion of fluff and crackers - can't be too sticky or mushy and can't be too hard. Clever idea.

airedalian Posted 12 May 2011 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 7

Yeah, the proportions are what I'm not sure if I'll be able to balance.

However, I may just dip a big marshmallow in chocolate and roll that in graham crackers. It's my function, I can make what I want, so come Saturday night when I'm in a time crunch we'll see where my patience for playing around stands!

Marianna46 Posted 12 May 2011 , 3:33pm
post #7 of 7

Ain't it always the way, airedalian?

Quote by @%username% on %date%